Posted On: October 07, 2019
The Service Porter is responsible for performing a variety of duties as they relate to the operation of a Service Department. This position interacts daily with Customers, Technicians, Service Manager, Service Associates, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
- Pick up from and deliver customers to desired locations
- Pick up and deliver vehicles to sublet vendors and customers as directed
- Move vehicles from intake area to storage area
- Move vehicles inside and outside of Service Department to help achieve production standards
- Maintain a neat and orderly production and paint areas by sweeping, removal of trash and discarded parts as well as other actions required to maintain the appearance of the production and paint areas
- Maintain other areas of the Service Department such as the offices, storage areas and around the outside
- Must be able to drive all types of vehicles
- The physical requirements of the position are Light to Medium Work.
- Constant – Reaching, sitting, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
- Frequent – Repetitive motion.
- Occasional – Balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and lifting (75 lbs.)
- Frequent – Must be able to lift 25 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Frequent – Required to stand for long periods of time.
Physical Working Conditions:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including but not limited to: temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with operating an auto dealership.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job requires "people" skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to be a team member are essential to this position.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Operator's Drivers License (must be insurable and able to drive a standard transmission).
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
At Jim Norton Auto Group, we don’t like to toot our own horn, but lately, our hard-working professionals have earned so many awards, we have tended to brag a bit. Our legacy of award-winning customer service has earned the prestigious Toyota President’s Award 14 times, DealerRater’s 2015 Dealer of the Year, Women’s Choice Award, Angie’s List Award, and many more. It’s because of our staff’s willingness to serve our customers. If you have this same commitment to quality and excellence, and you’re looking to be among the most respected, highest-compensated professionals in the industry, we’d like you to join our team…