Collision Refinish Tech
Collision Center Paint Technician – Auto Dealership
We are looking for an experienced auto body painter for our fast growing collision center. Jim Norton has the only Certified Toyota Collision Centers in Oklahoma and we are looking for the right person to join our team.
- Performs all refinish work according to specs
- Select paint according to company requirements
- Match colors of paint following specified color charts
- Responsible for communicating vehicles stage in paint process
- Monitor painting operations to identify flaws, such as blisters or streaks and correct their causes
- Mix paints to match color specifications or vehicles' original colors, stir and thin the paints using spatulas or power mixing equipment
- Follows OEM standards for blending formulas, top coat application and curing
- Apply designs, lettering or other identifying decorative items to finished products, using paint brushes or paint sprayers
- Verify paint consistency
- Lay out logos, symbols, or designs on painted surfaces, according to blueprint specifications, using measuring instruments, stencils, or patterns
- Works with paint team to assist with keeping vehicle on track for scheduled delivery time
5 years of experience in a production shop required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (Including Driver's License)
Operator Driver's License (must be insurable)
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
- The physical requirements of the position are Light to Medium Work.
- Constant – Reaching, sitting, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
- Frequent – Repetitive motion.
- Occasional – Balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and lifting (75 lbs.)
- Frequent – Must be able to lift 15 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Frequent – Required to stand for long periods of time.
Physical Working Conditions:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including but not limited to: temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with operating an auto dealership.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
At Jim Norton Auto Group, we don’t like to toot our own horn, but lately, our hard-working professionals have earned so many awards, we have tended to brag a bit. Our legacy of award-winning customer service has earned the prestigious Toyota President’s Award 14 times, DealerRater’s 2015 Dealer of the Year, Women’s Choice Award, Angie’s List Award, and many more. It’s because of our staff’s willingness to serve our customers. If you have this same commitment to quality and excellence, and you’re looking to be among the most respected, highest-compensated professionals in the industry, we’d like you to join our team.