Express Maintenance Technician
Quick Lube Technician
If working on cars gets your gears moving, we’re ready to accelerate your career. As a Quick Lube Technician, you’ll start by inspecting and performing oil changes on vehicles quickly and thoroughly. We’ll provide you with the training and expertise to ensure you’re running optimally. With a little elbow grease, your career can go from zero to one hundred before you know it. At our dealership, the door is always open. And so are your options.
- A great working environment where you’ll be supported by a team of professionals
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts on vehicle purchases
- Advancement opportunities for high performers The Requirements:
- The capability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- A valid driver’s license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice would be highly desirable
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- The capacity to stand, stoop, bend, and lift up to 100 pounds
- Work in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs.
- The capability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Performing multipoint inspections and communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Servicing universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentials, rear axle housings and shackles
- Checking tire pressure, adding water to radiators, and replacing oil and air filters
- Lubricating moving parts with specified lubricants
- Draining oil from crankcases and refilling with oil
- Inspecting all vehicles for additional repairs
About our Dealership
Jim Norton Auto Group is one of the premier auto groups in Oklahoma. From the moment you walk into one of our showrooms, you'll know our commitment to our employees is second to none. Our Dealerships are interested in finding talented individuals that are looking for a rewarding and challenging career in the automotive industry. We employ the best Technicians, Sales Consultants, Service Advisors and Valets, but that's not it. We have experts in positions such as IT Administrators, Marketing Coordinators, HR Managers, Training Facilitators, Call Center Representatives and many more.
If you have what it takes and are ready to take your career to a whole new level, please submit an online application.
Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, sitting, stooping, standing, bending over, and operating a computer/calculator/phone for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift 100 lbs. on a regular basis
- The physical requirements of the position are medium to heavy work.
- Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable necessary to drive vehicles safely.
- Constant – Reaching, sitting, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
- Frequent – Repetitive motion.
- Occasional – Balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling,
Physical Working Conditions:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including but not limited to: temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with operating an auto dealership.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
At Jim Norton Auto Group, we don’t like to toot our own horn, but lately, our hard-working professionals have earned so many awards, we have tended to brag a bit. Our legacy of award-winning customer service has earned the prestigious Toyota President’s Award 14 times, DealerRater’s 2015 Dealer of the Year, Women’s Choice Award, Angie’s List Award, and many more. It’s because of our staff’s willingness to serve our customers. If you have this same commitment to quality and excellence, and you’re looking to be among the most respected, highest-compensated professionals in the industry, we’d like you to join our team…