Body / Paint Tech Apprentice
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Last Day to Apply: January 15, 2019
Collision Center Body/Paint Technician Apprentice – Auto Dealership
No prior experience, postition starts at $11 per hour. Already have relatable job experience, position can start as high as $15 per hour.
If you are a hard worker, hate to stand around doing nothing, actively work on making yourself better than yesterday, have clean criminal background and driving record and finally you are looking for a lifelong career where seasoned technicians make $60,000 to $120,000 annually? Well, you might be a great fit for us!!!
We are looking for our next entry level Body/Paint Technician. In this entry level position, you will start at the bottom and work your way up with hard work and on the job training. You will learn all sides of a Collision Center. You will start with a mix of job responsibilities.
Career duties and expectations:
- Immediately Responsible for general facility cleanliness to include daily sweeping and disposal of metals/ plastics/ & cardboards)
- Immediately Responsible for assisting with detail of vehicles
- Immediately Responsible for picking up and delivering vehicles to dealership and elsewhere
- Within 2-4 weeks, you will begin to learn how to properly tape, sand, scuff, mask vehicles in preparation of refinishing
- Once moderately fluent in refinishing preparations (4-6 weeks), you will learn to install spray-in bedliners and be the designated spray-in bedliner technician
- While continuing all the above items, during any down-time you will begin to learn to prime/block, and cut-in misc parts (refinish edging of vehicle components) prior to installation
- With a commensurate pay increase at around 6-9 month since employment date (maintaining first 5 above bullet points), your down time will transition from refinish apprentice tech to a body apprentice tech to begin to learn to remove and reinstall trim panels, moldings, bumpers, mirrors, etc to prepare for body repairs
- Once moderately fluent in body preparations (10-12 weeks), you will begin to learn to perform metal repairs, body filling, welding and repair of structural components
- With a commensurate pay increase, at around 12-18 month since employment date and moderately fluent in both Body and Paint tech postitions, with assistance from managment, you will then be able to choose a specific career path.
- Once this decision is made, you will be removed from duties above. You will then begin to receive I-CAR specific training which is the industry standard for training in Collision repairs and Toyota specific training. You will mentor directly under the technicians of the chosen department. You will participate in all functions of that department learning and performing an array of repairs.
- With a significant pay increase, at around 24-36 months since employment date, you will be a fully I-CAR Certified Technician in your field and moved to a 100% Commissioned employee earning $30k to $120k depending on your abilities to produce high quality and timely repairs. You will be working for yourself and assisting in training the next generation of apprentices!!
- Are you excited yet? Are you ready? Fill out the application, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Including Driver's License)
Operator's Driver's License (must be insurable)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
At Jim Norton Auto Group, we don’t like to toot our own horn, but lately, our hard-working professionals have earned so many awards, we have tended to brag a bit. Our legacy of award-winning customer service has earned the prestigious Toyota President’s Award 14 times, DealerRater’s 2015 Dealer of the Year, Women’s Choice Award, Angie’s List Award, and many more. It’s because of our staff’s willingness to serve our customers. If you have this same commitment to quality and excellence, and you’re looking to be among the most respected, highest-compensated professionals in the industry, we’d like you to join our team…