Automotive Accessory Technician
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Service Tech – Automotive
We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. To be a success at our dealership, you need to have solid skills and solid ethics. We also know that to keep a good service tech, a dealership has to treat them right by paying them well and offering room for learning and advancement. Here, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business and make great money while doing it. If you love working on vehicles while maintaining a positive attitude, then let’s talk!
- Installation and repair of vehicle accessories (lift kits, steps, electronics, etc.)
- Spraying in bed liners (will train)
- Performing alignments
- Plan work in cooperation with accessory manager
- Mount and balance tires and wheels
- Monitor repair time and update manager
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver License
State Inspection License
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
- The physical requirements of the position are MEDIUM in intensity.
- Must be able to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable necessary to drive vehicles safely.
- Constant – Reaching, sitting, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
- Frequent – Repetitive motion.
- Occasional – Balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting 50 – 100lbs (with lifting assistance)
Physical Working Conditions:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including but not limited to: temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with operating and auto dealership.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
Jim Norton Auto Group is one of the premier auto groups in Oklahoma. From the moment you walk into one of our showrooms, you'll know our commitment to our employees is second to none. Our Dealerships are interested in finding talented individuals that are looking for a rewarding and challenging career in the automotive industry. We employ the best Technicians, Sales Consultants, Service Advisors and Valets, but that's not it. We have experts in positions such as IT Administrators, Marketing Coordinators, HR Managers, Training Facilitators, Call Center Representatives and many more.
If you have what it takes and are ready to take your career to a whole new level, please submit an online application.