Job Summary This is a regular full time position with Jim Norton Toyota TRAC Deptartment. This position will be responsible for handling all rental reservations, returns of vehicles, and meet and greet customers. Essential Functions
- Answer all incoming calls; screen calls, and/or take messages if necessary.
- Log and record daily transactions, and credit card log.
- Meet and greet all persons entering establishment.
- Schedule all rental reservations for customers.
- Assign and rent vehicles out to customers, ensuring that pertinent contracts are filled out with necessary information and explain rental policies to customers.
- Check in returned vehicles; inspect returned vehicles for damages; and clean all vehicles inside and outside.
- Assist rental manager in other duties, such as help keep track of vehicles, help maintain the cleanliness of office and work area.
- Inspect fluids of rental vehicle, and minor part change outs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- One to two years’ work experience in administration or customer service
- Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality of all corporate information.
- Ability to be honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate with difficult and/or irritable customers.
- Ability to make responsible decisions and be able to solve problems.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and ability to pay attention to fine detail.
- Must possess excellent customer service and relations, especially with Public Safety in the event of picking up vehicle if necessary.
- Must possess computer skills and capable of working with various office equipment.
- Must possess car/truck mechanical skills,
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must have the capability of explaining rental policies to customers.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
Requirements Required Experience:
- High School Diploma and/or G.E.D.
- 1-2 years of related work experience in office environment, rental experience a huge plus.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office software applications.
- Possess a valid Driver License and three (3) year clean driving record. Employee must follow all Authorized Driver Policy and Procedures regarding approved vehicle usage.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- The physical requirements of the position are Light to Medium Work.
- Constant – Reaching, sitting, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
- Frequent – Repetitive motion.
- Occasional – Balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and lifting (100 lbs.)
- Frequent – Must be able to lift 15 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Constant – Required to stand for long periods of time
Physical Working Conditions:
- This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including but not limited to: temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels,
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
At Jim Norton Auto Group, we don’t like to toot our own horn, but lately, our hard-working professionals have earned so many awards, we have tended to brag a bit. Our legacy of award-winning customer service has earned the prestigious Toyota President’s Award 14 times, DealerRater’s 2015 Dealer of the Year, Women’s Choice Award, Angie’s List Award, and many more. It’s because of our staff’s willingness to serve our customers. If you have this same commitment to quality and excellence, and you’re looking to be among the most respected, highest-compensated professionals in the industry, we’d like you to join our team.