Automotive Service Technician - Jim Norton Toyota OKC
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Last Day to Apply: October 31, 2018
Service Technician – Automotive
INDUSTRY LEADING TOP PAY & BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATES!!!!!
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do problem-solving and customer service get your engine revving? Let your mechanical knowledge, technical expertise and outstanding attitude take your career to new heights as a service technician on our exceptional team. We are looking for a leader who can mentor other technicians, diagnose and perform repairs quickly and efficiently, and clearly communicate with customers and service consultants.
- Determine and discuss vehicle issues, current work and future needs with customers and service advisors.
- Diagnose, maintain and repair automotive systems.
- Perform quality inspections, including test drives, of vehicles prior to returning them to customers
- Communicate directly with service advisors to keep customers informed of any additional service needs and provide an estimate for any new repairs.
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
At our dealership, technicians are determined and persistent problem solvers who are expected to maintain a comprehensive understanding of the latest automotive technologies.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 4 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver License
State Inspection License
ASE Certifications (Minimum 2 ASE's required)
- The physical requirements of the position are MEDIUM in intensity.
- Must be able to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable necessary to drive vehicles safely.
- Constant – Reaching, sitting, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
- Frequent – Repetitive motion.
- Occasional – Balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting 50 – 100lbs (with lifting assistance)
Physical Working Conditions:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including but not limited to: temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with operating and auto dealership.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
Jim Norton Auto Group is one of the premier auto groups in Oklahoma. From the moment you walk into one of our showrooms, you'll know our commitment to our employees is second to none. Our Dealerships are interested in finding talented individuals that are looking for a rewarding and challenging career in the automotive industry. We employ the best Technicians, Sales Consultants, Service Advisors and Valets, but that's not it. We have experts in positions such as IT Administrators, Marketing Coordinators, HR Managers, Training Facilitators, Call Center Representatives and many more.
If you have what it takes and are ready to take your career to a whole new level, please submit an online application.