Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Service Technician – Automotive
Jim Norton Chevrolet is looking for the best, most highly-driven Service Technicians to join the largest automotive group in Oklahoma, forecasting 7,000 combined units for 2018 and included in the Oklahoman Magazine’s ‘Top Workplaces 2017’.
Skilled technicians are in high demand. So to keep a good service tech, you have to treat them right. Here, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business. You’ll also be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles while maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. Only those who value integrity and ethics need apply.
- Examine and diagnose vehicles
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor
- Communicate additional service requests to service advisor
- Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman
- Provide labor time estimates to service advisor
- Monitor repair time and update service advisor regularly
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver License & State Inspection License
- The physical requirements of the position are MEDIUM in intensity.
- Must be able to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable necessary to drive vehicles safely.
- Constant – Reaching, sitting, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
- Frequent – Repetitive motion.
- Occasional – Balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting 50 – 100lbs (with lifting assistance)
Physical Working Conditions:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including but not limited to: temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with operating and auto dealership.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About our Dealership:
Jim Norton Auto Group is one of the premier auto groups in Oklahoma. From the moment you walk into one of our showrooms, you'll know our commitment to our employees is second to none. Our Dealerships are interested in finding talented individuals that are looking for a rewarding and challenging career in the automotive industry. We employ the best Technicians, Sales Consultants, Service Advisors and Valets, but that's not it. We have experts in positions such as IT Administrators, Marketing Coordinators, HR Managers, Training Facilitators, Call Center Representatives and many more.
If you have what it takes and are ready to take your career to a whole new level, please submit an online application.